DILR Sets (with Video solutions) - Shashank Prabhu, CAT 100 Percentiler - Part 6
shashank_prabhu last edited by shashank_prabhu
Help Distress (HD) is an NGO involved in providing assistance to people suffering from natural disasters. Currently, it has 37 volunteers. They are involved in three projects: Tsunami Relief (TR) in Tamil Nadu, Flood Relief (FR in Maharashtra, and Earthquake Relief (ER) in Gujarat. Each volunteer working with Help Distress has to be involved in at least one relief work project.
- A maximum number of volunteers are involved in the FR project. Among them, the number of volunteers involved in FR project alone is equal to the volunteers having additional involvement in the ER project.
- The number of volunteers involved in the ER project alone is double the number of volunteers involved in all the three projects.
- 17 volunteers are involved in the TR project.
- The number of volunteers involved in the TR project alone is one less than the number of volunteers involved in ER project alone.
- Ten volunteers involved in the TR project are also involved in at least one more project.
Based on the information given above, the minimum number of volunteers involved in both FR and TR projects, but not in the ER project is
Which of the following additional information would enable to find the exact number of volunteers involved in various projects?
(1) Twenty volunteers are involved in FR.
(2) Four volunteers are involved in all the three projects.
(3) Twenty three volunteers are involved in exactly one project.
(4) No need for any additional information.
After some time, the volunteers who were involved in all the three projects were asked to withdraw from one project. As a result, one of the volunteers opted out of the TR project, and one opted out of the ER project, while the remaining ones involved in all the three projects opted out of the FR project. Which of the following statements, then, necessarily follows?
(1) The lowest number of volunteers is now in TR project.
(2) More volunteers are now in FR project as compared to ER project.
(3) More volunteers are now in TR project as compared to ER project.
(4) None of the above.
After the withdrawal of volunteers, as indicated in Question 3, some new volunteers joined the NGO. Each one of them was allotted only one project in a manner such that, the number of volunteers working in one project alone for each of the three projects became identical. At that point, it was also found that the number of volunteers involved in FR and ER projects was the same as the number of volunteers involved in TR and ER projects. Which of the projects now has the highest number of volunteers?
(4) Cannot be determined
Seven players A, B, C, D, E, F and G participate in a Chess tournament in which each player plays exactly once against each of the other six players. The tournament starts on Monday, finishes on Wednesday and an equal number of matches is played on all the three days. None of the matches ends in a draw and all the players win a distinct number of matches in the tournament. Some of the observations made on each day are given below:
F loses to C, D, E and G.
Only one player, who is not C, wins more than one match on Monday.
B wins against C, D and E.
E loses to A and C.
G wins exactly two matches on Tuesday.
G loses to B but wins against A and C.
D wins against C and E.
F loses to A and B.
Who wins the highest number of matches in the tournament?
Who wins more than one match on Monday?
d) Cannot be determined
Popat, an avid Chess buff, watched all the matches of the tournament except the ones that took place on Monday. How many times did he see either B or D winning a match?
On how many days during the tournament does at least one player win more than two matches?
A car starts moving along a straight line in the North direction at t = 0 seconds. The speed–time graph for the car is given below for the first 15 seconds in which it covers a total distance of 320 metres
The bar chart given below shows the distance covered by the car in the next 15 seconds.
The speed–time curve for the car is a straight line in the time intervals 0–5 seconds, 5–10 seconds, 10–15 seconds, 15–20 seconds, 20–25 seconds and 25–30 seconds
What is the speed (in m/s) of the car at t = 15 seconds?
What is the speed (in m/s) of the car at t = 30 seconds?
What is the average speed (in m/s) of the car between t = 8 seconds and t = 24 seconds?