Arithmetic Practice Questions - Shashank Prabhu, CAT 100 Percentiler - Set 1
shashank_prabhu last edited by shashank_prabhu
CAT 100%iler, 5 times AIR 1, Director - Learningroots, Ex ITC, Pagalguy, TAS
Sharing 20 questions (Answer key shared at the end) from a quiz on Arithmetic that Prasad Sawant did on Learningroots CET group. Do try these questions.
A person who has a certain amount with him goes to market. He can buy 50 oranges or 40 mangoes. He retains 10% of the amount for taxi fares and buys 20 mangoes and of the balance he purchases oranges. Number of oranges he can purchase is?
A group of men decided to do a job in 8 days. But since 10 men dropped out every day, the job got completed at the end of the 12th day. How many men were there at the beginning?
Two liquids A and B are in the ratio 5:1 in container 1 and 1:3 in container 2. In what ratio should the contents of the two containers be mixed so as to obtain a mixture of A and B in the ratio 1:1?
Amol was asked to calculate the arithmetic mean of 10 positive integers, each of which had 2 digits. By mistake, he interchanged the 2 digits, say a and b, in one of these 10 integers. As a result, his answer for the mean was 1.8 more than what it should have been. Then b – a equals
Mayank, Mirza, Little and Jaspal bought a motorbike for 45,000 and a laptop. The engineer realizes after 7 months that he was underpaid and he quits. The employer gave him $20,000 and the laptop. How much was the laptop worth?
In an election 60% of the voters were going to vote for Mulayam and the rest were going to vote for Mayawati. But before the elections, Congress pitched Rahul also and then 45% of Mulayam’s voters and 15% of Mayawati’s voters voted for Rahul. If all the voters voted, who won the election?
- 240 minutes
- 8 pm
- 10 kg
rk110 last edited by
Sir, unable to solve Q.19. PLz help.
zabeer last edited by
For an year he was offered 45000 and laptop
He left job after 7 months and got 20,000 and laptop.
Had he continued working for 5 more months, he would have got 25000 extra. (45000 - 20000)
So 5000 is the payment per month.
For a whole year payment would be 12 x 5000 = 60000
60000 = 45000 + laptop
laptop = 15000.
cjcb7a269 last edited by
Sir, unable to solve Q. 16 plz help..
zabeer last edited by zabeer
It is given that we have total 200 fishes out of which 99% are red fish. Means we have 198 red fish and 2 non red fish.
After the change, 98% are red fish and remaining 2% are non red fish. As there was no change in the non red fish count, 2 non red fish we had now account for 2%.
So, 2% = 2 fish
100% = 100 fish.
Red fish (98%) = 98
Change in red fish = 198 - 98 = 100
So 100 red fish removed in the process
rk110 last edited by