DI Capsules - Shashank Prabhu - CAT 100 Percentiler
shashank_prabhu last edited by shashank_prabhu
CAT 100%iler, 5 times AIR 1, Director - Learningroots, Ex ITC, Pagalguy, TAS
Answer the questions on the basis of the information given below:
The annual sugarcane production (in million tonnes) in Meethagaon for the period 2000-2006 is shown in the bar graph given below.
What is the approximate average annual sugarcane production (in million tonnes) in Meethagaon for the period 2000-2005?
The sugarcane production in Meethagaon in the year 2007 increases by 15% over the year 2006. What is the approximate compounded annual growth rate of sugarcane production in Meethagaon over the period 2004-2007?
Out of the following, which year has shown the highest percentage increase in sugarcane production in Meethagaon compared to the previous year?
(1) is very easy.. probably the shortest way is to take some base value and study the deviation around it. Take 280 for example. +15+17+7-47-43+1=-50 divided by 6 will be -8.33. So approximately 272.
(2) 2007 produce will be 337+33.7+16.8=387.5 approx.
CAGR over 3 years will be cube root of (387.5/237.09) which will be 1.178 or 17.8% which will be 18%. Heavy approximations plus calculation is required for this. Unless you have a calculator, doesnt make sense attempting this question.
(3) Compare 1.3/296, 1.25/234, 44/237 and 56/281. The doubt should be between c and d, but d is almost 20% while c is short of 20% by a fair bit. So, d is correct.
The following tables show the batting performance of the Australian Cricket Team in a match. Table 1indicates the score of the team at the fall of each wicket (from 1 to 10). Table 2 gives the runs scored by the 11 batsmen and the order in which they appeared in the batting line up.
- At any point there are two batsmen on the field, till the fall of the 10th wicket. Whenever the team loses a wicket, the new batsman comes as per the batting order. E.g. If one of the openers gets out, the no. 3 batsman takes the field.
- A partnership between any two batsmen is the number of runs scored while both of them are batting.
How many batsmen lost their wicket between Haydens and Husseys dismissal?
(a) 0 (b) 1 (c) 2 (d) More than 2
How many runs were scored by the batsman who was the 9th to be dismissed?
(a) 11 (b) 18 (c) 0 (d) Cannot be determined
What was the percentage contribution to the second highest partnership of the batsman to be dismissed first in that partnership?
(a) 33.33% (b) 61.53%(c) 71.43% (d) None of these
The Australian total comprised only Singles and Fours. The number of Fours scored cannot exceed
(a) 27 (b) 24 (c) 21 (d) 20
The sequence would look as follows:
Last partnership of 11 runs. Williams and whoever was left scored 5 runs. The last one is tricky and we need to see the runs scored in individual partnerships. So, although Hussey scored 20 in total, he could not have scored 5 fours as his contribution in the fifth wicket partnership is 2 and so, they could have been a couple of singles only.
A team of 5 players Arpit, Bimal, Chatur, Dinu and Elan participated in a ‘Freaket’ tournament and played four matches (1 to 4). The following table gives partial information about their individual scores and the total runs scored by the team in each match. Each column has two values missing. These are the runs scored by the two lowest scorers in that match. None of the two missing values is more than 10% of the total runs scored in that match.
What is the maximum possible percentage contribution of Arpit in the total runs scored in the four matches?
(a) 19.7% (b) 19.9% (c) 20.1% (d) 20.2%
If the absolute difference between the total runs scored by Arpit and Chatur in the four matches is minimum possible then what is the absolute difference between total runs scored by Bimal and Elan in the four matches?
(a) 32 (b) 37 (c) 27 (d) Cannot be determined
The players are ranked 1 to 5 on the basis of the total runs scored by them in the four matches, with the highest scorer getting Rank 1. If it is known that no two players scored the same number of total runs, how many players are there whose rank can be exactly determined?
(a) 0 (b) 1 (c) 3 (d) 5
Arpit in match one varies from 23 to 27. Chatur in match one varies from 27 to 23. Similarly, Arpit in match 3 will vary from 13 to 19 and Bimal from 19 to 13. In match 5, Chatur will vary from 19 to 20 and Elan from 20 to 19. In match 2, both the missing values will be 30 each. Now we are good to go for all the questions:
(1) 27+100+19+53=199 which is 19.7%
(2) This one is a bit tricky especially if you are going for absolute values for each match. Arpit's total will vary from 189 to 199 and Chatur's total will vary from 182 to 187. We can see that 189 and 187 is simultaneously possible and so, minimum difference is 2. The corresponding value for |B-E| will be 28+35-59+33=37
(3) Arpit is 189-199, Bimal is 218-224, Chatur is 182-187, Dinu is 223 and Elan is 187-188. Chatur is rank 5, Dinu is 4, Arpit is 3 for sure. So, 3 ranks can be uniquely determined.