Discussion Room : DILR

• Content & PR team - MBAtious

Share your Gyan, Discuss Your Doubts.

Click on 'reply' button to post your query.
    Select 'Reply to this topic anyway', when asked, while replying.

• There are five houses in a row, each of a different color, and inhabited by 5 people of different states, with different pets, favorite drinks, and favorite sports.
    The Maharashtrian lives in the red house.
    The Rajasthani owns the dog.
    Coffee is drunk in the green house.
    The Bihari drinks tea.
    The green house is immediately to the right of the white house.
    The hockey player owns a Cat.
    The football player lives in the yellow house.
    Milk is drunk in the middle house.
    The Punjabi lives in the first house on the left.
    The table tennis player lives in the house next to the man with the Camel.
    The football player lives next to the house where the horse is kept.
    The basketball player drinks orange juice.
    The person from MP likes Cricket.
    The Punjabi lives next to the blue house.

• can you tell me how to solve this?

• @sanjay-dey

House 1House 2House 3House 4House 5
    YellowBlueRedWhiteGreen
    PunjabiMPMaharashtraBiharRajasthan
    XHorseCatCamelDog
    FootballCricketHockeyBasketTennis
    YOrangeMilkTeaCofee

• 120 students attended the interview of company A or company B or company C. The number of students who attended the interview of company A is greater than that of company B,  which in turn is greater than that of company C. Also, the number of students who attended the interview of exactly one company is more than the number of students who attended the interview of exactly two companies, which in turn is greater than the number of students who attended the interview of exactly 3 companies. It is known that there is atleast one person who attended the interview of all three companies.

a. Find max. number of students who attended the interview of exactly 3 companies.
    b. Find min. possible number of students who attended the interview of company A.
    c. Find max. possible number of participants who attended the interview of company C.
    d. What is the min. possible number of students who attended the interview of only company A?

• Being MBAtious!

@laavanya-ramaul

120 = I + II + III (Where I - number of students who attended exactly one interview, II - exactly two interviews and III - exactly three interviews)
    I > II > III
    III is at-least 1

a) maximum number of students who attended exactly 3 companies.
    We have to minimize I and II.
    Let say x people attended all three. and let x + 1 attended exactly two companies and x + 2 attended exactly one company.
    So 3x + 3 = 120
    x = 39

Looks like your connection to MBAtious was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.