Discussion Room : Preparation Strategies / Admission

• Content & PR team - MBAtious

Share your Gyan, Discuss Your Doubts.

• Being MBAtious!

Question - @Shubham213

Hello I am preparing for elitmus. I thinks this site is very good for aptitude and sufficient for elitmus. how can I prepare for verbal and logical for elitmus. Any suggestion or reference would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance :-)

• Being MBAtious!

Response - @vikas_saini

Elitmus exam is basically divided into three section.

1. Verbal Ability (20 questions)
    2. Problem Solving (20 questions)
    3. Quantitative Ability (20 questions)

Verbal Ability : In this section, you will find questions of Reading comprehension (RC)and Fill in the blanks and Paragraph jumbles(PJ). RC consists 12 questions, 3 RC sets and per set 4 questions. Fill in the blanks section tests your grammar (6 questions) and PJ consists 4-5 jumbled sentences (2 questions) which you have to rearrange.

Strategy :- This is the easiest section of Elitmus. One should pick easy questions from RCs and try to more focus on grammar and PJs. 10 net correct (100 marks) will fetch you 90+ %ile and 12 net correct (120 marks) will fetch you 95+ %ile.

Problem Solving :-In this section, you will find questions of data sufficiency, Data interpretation, Logical Reasoning and Crypt arithmetic. Data sufficiency consists 4 questions, crypt arithmetic consists 4 questions and rest 12 questions could come in Data interpretation and Logical reasoning sets.

Strategy :- This is the trickiest section of Elitmus. "Accuracy is more important than attempts" here. Crypt arithmetic verbal arithmetic is time consuming set, it takes your 15-20 odd minutes,it requires lot of practice. If you're good at it then you should go for it else leave it. Data sufficiency are bit tricky but one can solve it with accuracy. One must try to pick easy questions from DI or LR portion.
    4 net correct (40 marks) will fetch 85+ %ile and 6 net correct will fetch 95+ %ile for sure.

Quantitative Ability : In this section you will find questions related to Geometry, Number system, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Probability. This section is also bit tricky section.

Strategy :- Key point of this section is also Accuracy. only 6 net correct (60 marks) can fetch 90+ %ile easily.

Material : For Quantitative Aptitude this MBAtious site is more than enough. For Problem Solving, Data Sufficiency and pretty good LR and DI sets are also available here. Do google for Crypt Arithmetic practice sets. For Reading Comprehension and para jumble solve CAT question paper from year 2003-2008. In grammar they ask easy questions just work on your basics. To practice mocks let me give you a link. https://testpot.com/

Looks like your connection to MBAtious was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.